Mono Basin Bird Chautauqua June 16-18, 2023
Basic Registration: $110
Up to 3 presentations, workshops, and/or field trips
Full Registration: $140
Up to 5 presentations, workshops, and/or field trips
Unlimited Registration: $175
Sign up for as many presentations, workshops, and/or field trips as you wish.
Student Registration: $50
Unlimited presentations, workshops, and/or field trips.
Current FULL TIME student ID required within a month of registering.
Kids age 12 and under are FREE!
Please watch this video to see the registration process step by step:
Watching this video to learn how to register will greatly improve your registration day experience!
Walkthrough of registering for the in-person event:
This registration system makes it fast to sign up for trips and easy to register groups, all without needing a username or password. There are a few important things to note:
- Proceed with registration using the "Adult" or "Student" attendee type. Note: Students must show proof of full time student status.
- Use the program information and grid schedule (link in top menu under "program") to plan your itinerary for the Chautauqua in advance. Each trip has a three-digit number (found in the program information and grid) to help you find the trip you’re looking for during registration more quickly.
- We recommend registering for your highest-priority trips first to have the best chance of securing them. Make sure to also plan multiple alternate choices for each trip, as many fill very quickly.
- Use the "Previous" and "Next" buttons on the form, DO NOT use the back button on your browser, as you might lose your registration.
- The system times out if you are idle for 30 minutes and your registration will be deleted. This means that if you do not take an action on a page for 30 minutes, such as clicking "Next" or "Add to Cart," your registration will be deleted.
- We are processing payment through PayPal but you DO NOT need a PayPal account to pay for the Chautauqua. When you arrive at the PayPal payment screen, simply click the gray box at the bottom of the screen that says “Pay with Debit or Credit Card.”
How to Register a Group
To begin, enter the basic information for the person who will pay (if you register as a group, you must pay with a single credit card). Then, select how many additional people will be registered in this group (up to 3 in addition to the payer) and enter their basic information.
On the next screen, select a day and then an event on that day. Select (check) all the people in your group who want to go on that event and then click Register/Add to Cart.
IMPORTANT: Pay close attention to the message for each attendee after clicking Register/Add to Cart. If the event is full, there will be a red error message and the trip will not be added to your registration summary at the bottom of the screen.
Repeat this process until all events are added to your registration summary at the bottom of the page.
Democracy in Action
After you have made your event selections, they are held for you until you complete the payment process. Take time to verify the event selections of each person in your group. The Mono Basin Bird Chautauqua is a very popular event and many field trips will fill to capacity within minutes of registration opening.
In the event that you are registering two people at the same time and one of you is not enrolled in a field trip because it reaches full capacity, please do not panic or despair. Simply complete your registration without that particular field trip and then email us or call (760) 647-6595 and we will work with you to remedy the situation to the best of our abilities. If a particular field trip is already full when you begin your registration, please select an alternate field trip instead.
Confirm Your Reservation
After registering, you will also be sent a confirmation email (one per group). The confirmation email will include a link for you to review your itinerary. Be sure to carefully review the itinerary for each person in your group. Please check your junk mail or spam folders if you do not see an email right away. If there is a problem with your registration, please email us
or call (760) 647-6595.
If you cancel by May 26, 2023 we will refund your registration less a $15 processing fee per registration. Sorry, no refunds after that date. To cancel, please call (760) 647-6595.
Check back in 2024 for 21st Annual Mono Basin Bird Chautauqua info
Chautauqua organizers are starting to plan for the 21st Annual Mono Basin Bird Chautauqua for June 21-23, 2024 in Lee Vining. We will be assembling the program and putting it online in March. Please be patient with our team and bare website until then!